I love these paraben-free lippies! The colours are so luxe and long-lasting. Sage Dakota had these colours on for a shoot that lasted a couple of hours and although I was on hand to touch them up, since that's my job... they didn't really need a lot of touching up [only when she forgot and pressed her lips together...], the colour stayed very true.
The Julie Hewett Noirs are so long-lasting, rich and beautiful that I bought Thandie, Coco, Belle and Scarlett... I want more.[Ms Hewett, PR samples???] My first purchases from the Julie Hewett line and now I'm hooked. If any of the other products she makes lives up to a percentage of my love for the lippies I'll be thrilled!
TIP: To apply red lips, use a lip liner first and a lip brush for accuracy.
- Anchor your pinkie mid-chin, trace the bow of your lip [where you have a 'v' shape, top/middle of your lip]
- Work your liner in small, delicate upward strokes towards the lip bow
- Trace the middle of your bottom lip and work upwards towards the corners [hope your pinkie is still anchored!]
- Fill in your entire lip with the liner. This adds more depth to your lipstick as well as helps it last longer
- Apply lipstick over top. For the seasoned lipstick users, apply from the tube, for the newbies, use a lip brush for more control.
DO NOT apply lipstick with your mouth wide open as if... you were... about to eat a hotdog. Stretching your lips too much when applying lipstick can leave you looking like the Joker.
**The Noir collection features our best long-lasting lipsticks. Double-pigmented formula lasts for hours but will not dry your lips out - made with healing camellia oil and essence of rose bud** JulieHewett.com
NOTE: These two 'behind the scenes of a Luxola shoot' were taken by me, Andrea Claire, with my brand new Canon 600D. No fancy photoshop since I do have limits to my talents, but I likey. Any expert photography criticism is welcome.
Luxola, an online beauty boutique in Singapore will be opening soon so Singaporeans can buy these lippies here.