Dermalogica says that they are blurring the lines between makeup and skincare, which is a great balance as some women just want to add a glow and smooth out fine lines, skin tone and brighten without a heavy base and the added beauty bonus? It is are still considered skincare as the primer contains active cosmeceutical ingredients. The velvety silicones create an instantly smooth surface prepping for a flawless make-up application. Wear alone over your moisturizer or after moisturizer application and before foundation to help [poly]fill fine lines for a lasting make-up finish.
FASCINATING: Pearl powder is believed to be a long time favourite of Asian women. Used during the Tang Dynasty to protect their skin under stage makeup... hm... and now in Skinperfect Primer!! How pearl-fect! ;) Pearl powder applied onto the skin speeds up the skin's natural metabolism which tones and rejuvenates the complexion. Can you not understand why my love for Dermalogica remains unconditional?? They are the skin professionals in the know!
For your day makeup:
- A great base starts with the Skinperfect Primer followed by Sheer Tint or Cover Tint (slightly more coverage), both give a luminous glow. Glowing skin diffuses imperfections so you even out skin tone and smooth skin with the benefits of a slightly highlighted pearl effect.
- Adding an extra highlighting cream to the 5 face lifting points - cheek bone, brow bone, bridge of nose, mid-chin and forehead - colour is up to you -I love NARS The Multiple Sticks for this. Try NARS Copacapana for lighter skin or Lamu for darker skin.
- Follow with a tri -colour blush for dimension FACEatelier Peach Glaze is a beautiful colour that suits all skin tones. If you feel the need for slight sculpting, apply a darker tone of the Sheer or Cover Tint into your cheek hollows first.
**If you suffer from oily skin you can use your powder over top but in this MUA's opinion: powder is often overused to fight oily skin. Best to first check that you are on the correct skincare regimen - over powdering can result in your sebaceous glands thinking that they need to produce more oil so you effectively could be making your oily matters worse.*
- Glamorize any day makeup by simply boosting up your lips. A red lip, with pearlescent eyes suits everyone and can get you from office to soirée in under 15 minutes.
- Want to try something a little fun and swaying from the norm? Why not a fine line of small pearls above your eye contour (oribital bone) or use the pearls to accent your winged liner.
Chanel: Runway - Paris Fashion Week Womenswear Spring / Summer 2013
Why not accessorize your chignon with pearl drops a la Chanel? Try a simple hair bow chignon - secure first, accessorize with pearls after.