Mommy Morning Make Up
From frumpy to fab; getting you out the door and into the kiddie car pool in under 10 minutes
As a mother of three, celebrity make up artist, Andrea Claire also finds it hard to look the part 24/7. But you can steal secrets
from her makeup regime – which takes so little time you could almost tell people “Make up? No time! I wake up this way!”
Andrea Claire’s secrets:
1. Use tinted moisturizer in place of plain moisturizer. Why? Tinted moisturizer adds luminescence to the skin and coverage in one step combining separate steps for moisturizer and foundation.
2. Add bronzer to the cheek hollows and eye contour. Subtle bronzer slims the face and adds a healthy glow and bonus: bronzers pop any eye color.
3. Brush on a little peachy-pink blush slightly above the apples of the cheek. Placing the blush above the apples of the cheeks avoids the ‘Dolly’ look.
4. Line the eyes with an earthy, cool brown shadow. Why cool brown? Warm shades will exaggerate tired puffy eyes. Why shadow? Shadow, unlike liner, is softer in texture and when you have limited time, go for the quick and easy application method which is also forgiving with make up mishaps.
5. Curl lashes and apply 2 coats of mascara to the top layer of lashes. If you have circles under your eyes, avoid mascara on the bottom lashes, which only adds to the dark circles.
6. Awaken tired eyes by applying a champagne hue into the tearducts and browbone, which both lifts and brightens.
Andrea Claire’s faves for your Morning Mommy Make Up bag:
Jemma Kidd pro finish moisture tint spf 20 tinted moisturizer
NARS South Beach bronzer
FACEatelier Peach Glaze blush
Yaby Earth eyeshadow
L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon mascara
MAC Shroom eyeshadow
Carrying around excess baggage? For extreme measures, conceal under the eyes. Try YSL Touche Eclat
No Fuss Hair
Uber tired? Pull hair into a ponytail between your occipital bone and crown; instant awakening facelift! Goody's no-slip elastic for the chic mom on the go.
Frazzled mom? Translate to tousled Yummy Mummy, spritz hair with hairspray, wrap in a bun and leave up while doing your make up – loosen & shake it baby! Hair will have great texture. Spray to hold. L'Oreal's Elnett hairspray
Bed head from sleeping with no time to wash? Dry shampoos not only minimize oily roots but will give great long lasting lift to the roots. Batiste Dry Shampoo