The women's candy store equivalent tends to be the cosmetic aisles. I am frequently asked what do I covet from the lines aplenty.
Currently my favourite cheap and cheerful beauty products in no specific order are:
- Concealer: Milani HD Concealer I tried this one only recently and was uber surprised at the coverage. I also noticed there was no caking or fading throughout the day.
- Eyeliner: L'Oreal Voluminous Mistake-Proof Marker Eyeliner I just bought 5 of these to have a stock for my kit. Just like it says 'marker'; reminds me of a Sharpie but safe for applying around the eyes! The marker tip makes the application easy. On a classic Hepburn-esque eye or to finish off a dramatic eye, this is a must-have beauty bargain.
- Waterproof Eye Liner: Gosh Cosmetics Velvet Touch I bought these when an airline lost my kit on the way to a job (yup, lost. Grrrr). Sometimes things happen for a reason! Gosh Hypnotic Grey is my new black. Love Grey liner and it suits everyone.
- Lip Plumper: Sexy Motherpucker by Soap and Glory - Is it just me or do you hear Prince's Sexy MF song when you say the name of this lip product? Yes it plumps and burns a little, but ladies, beauty can be a little painful. It is worth it.
- Fake Lashes: Ardell Lashes There are so many lashes to choose from. You can never go wrong with Ardell. If you have light lashes wear brown falsies for a more seamless application; you can always layer with black mascara.
- Hair Texturizer/Spray Wax: Sally Hershberger Genius Spray Wax Just as the name suggests and the brains behind the beauty, it's genius. Like any wax product, use sparingly. What I love about this one over the higher-end salon brands; it isn't as greasy. Apply with quick sprays mainly to mid-lengths and ends of hair.
- Shampoo and Conditioner: Infusium 23 shampoo and conditioners are great! I was a spokeperson for Infusium when they relaunched and personally tried them out. The Frizz Controller Collection linked here is a great maintenance for frizz caused from humid weather or curly hair; but do click through the site as you can find the collection geared to your hair type.
- Blow Dryer/Brush: Hot Tools Air Styling Brush, an invention I am addicted to for work and personal use. This is the BEST hair tool. I use this if I want to blow-dry volume at the roots or if I am creating big, bouncing beautiful beach hair, I will use this from roots to ends. Best used on slightly damp hair. Hair shrinks as it dries so if hair is soaking wet, it could wrap around this round brush tool and get stuck easily. Always round brush on hair that has minimal water in it.