All things beauty and then some. Andrea Claire has been a hairstylist and makeup artist for 23 years now. A Canadian based in Singapore since 2007, she has appeared on Asia's Next Top Model, Yahoo Asia, Canadian Idol, So Chic and more.
On the left you see me fresh out of the shower; in fact, I am only wearing Dermalogica's Skin Smoothing Cream - literally. *wink* On the right you see me after I had applied Luview Whitening Capsule BB Creamunder my eyes - amazing the difference already!
I love the English translation (it's a Korean brand): At the final stage of the skin care, take appropriate volume and apply for light pounding*. Makeup base and foundation are not required to use separately.<em>
</em> The light pounding is making a reference to the I.MyssFoudation Stamper that vibrates.<strong><em>
</em></strong>Next step was using Luview Crystal Cover BB Cream applied using the I.Myss for a light pounding... Really... I made fun of this stamper when the press kit arrived- I do actually see the benefits - for the makeup aficionado the results are similar to a stippling brush only a little smoother. As a makeup artist I can't see this going into my kit as it's hard to clean the pad going face to face, and I'm a germaphobe. - but for personal use it's amazing!
That's it - the two products here. I didn't do anything with the lighting - the sun must have poked through the clouds this second... yes I was potentially flashing my boobs to neighbours at the window. It's ok - I have a penthouse - no one can see - nor would they want to.<em>
</em>I love the coverage of the products and it does not feel heavy at all - in fact I have seen an improvement in my skin's texture - it's smoother and brighter. The shades available are very limited so if you are darker than I am you are out of luck.
All dolled up and not so naked wearing Luview Whitening Capsule BB Cream, Luview Crystal Cover BB Cream, Naked Palette by Urban Decay , Luview Gleam Full Long Mascara, Warm Soul blush by MAC and a hint of Cameo Lip Glaze by FACE atelier.<em>
</em>The Luview mascara is like the Becca and Blinc's mascaras where they last 24 hours without flaking or smudging but come off with warm water. I am not a fan of this mascara type in general but if you are - you'll love it. I hate the way it comes off with water - I always feel like they tug on my lids. <em>
*all photos are taken with my HTC One S filtered through Instagram using LoFi </em>
Remember - Lust Haves because I LOVE them and you MUST have them. Every month I will post my new beauty faves.
1. Original & Mineral Original Queenie 'set and forget' the key words by O&M. Developed in Australia the formulation freezes hair in place with a flexible, brushable hold. I LOVE it. No flakes and it blocks humidity from attacking my 'dos.
2. I.Myss foundation stamper. Yup. 'Foundation stamper'... it vibrates and you literally stamp the product on. Yes; I laughed BUT it works. The impractical side for a makeup artist is the applicator isn't usable in our kits as the sponge pad can't really be cleaned face to face like a makeup brush - this is great for personal use. I love the way it stamps like a large stippling brush blending as you apply it. I have no idea where to get it outside of Singapore (Watsons here). It is a Korean brand - perhaps PSY will include them when you purchase his next CD.
3. Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion spf 50 pa+++ - I was given this in my swag at a recent AMOREPACIFIC dinner at the St Regis - everyone at the table was freaking out over it. The coverage is amazing but it doesn't feel heavy. The only problem is that the colour is limiting - basically anyone darker than me can't use it and they don't seem to carry a variety of shades. The problem with 'one size fits all' foundation colours is they don't fit all.
4. Miller Harris Citron - I am slowly creeping back into the world of fragrance. I spent the 80s addicted to Poison by Christian Dior and suffered through years of migraines, possibly due to 'poisoning' myself.... I have a few scents slowly building up my perfume arsenal and Miller Harris Citron is the latest addition. A fresh scent with hints, hearts and tones of Sicilian lemon, Spanish orange and Jamaican lime, cool mint and basil and a complex base of green moss, Moroccan cedar and cardamom.
5. Softpoint Sponge Applicator by M·A·C - I love this sponge because of the ability to get into the hard to blend areas i.e around the nose and the soft tissue around the eye. The texture is softer than the Beauty Blender (which btw has not found it's way into my kit) so it makes a smoother blend in general for the skin - my Beauty Blender became a cat toy - true story... get the M·A·C Softpoint instead.