image is of my scalp magnified 200x. The top two are my before treatment - bottom are the after.
Another post about scalp health - I know... <em>CRAZY!
</em>But a few more tidbits I learned about scalp health in my second treatment that affect hair health:
- a healthy follicle has 2-3 hairs growing out of it, whereas an unhealthy follicle 1 (or none)
- the healthy follicle has a 2-6 year cycle
- an unhealthy follicle has a 6 month cycle
- hair regrows 25x in a lifetime, so a healthy scalp could aid in escaping balding, hair-fall and even reverse premature greying
- putting your hair up or throwing on a ball cap ['m looking at you guys!] when your hair is wet, actually prevents oxygen from circulating, follicles clog resulting in an unhealthy scalp [hm.... which came first the baldness or the ball caps???]
- silicone - known as a great ingredient to skincare and makeup is not advised for hair products, especially at the scalp as it seals the scalp causing weaker follicles.
Think of this as a scalp facial!
Do you live in Singapore? Read here to find a discount code for first time Phyto Hair Spa clients<em>!
*Disclaimer </em>- My first two treatments were gratis but I loved the results so much that I bought a package and FYI - the package can be shared with family!